Pi Academy is an independent London based tutoring agency which operates within the area of Mill Hill and Finchley and specialises in preparing pupils for 11+, Key Stage 1,2,3 and 4, SATs, and GCSE examinations. We are proud of our excellent teaching methods and passionate about working with pupils to achieve success.
Our tutors are experienced and highly qualified and have prepared our pupils for 11+ entrance examinations and GCSEs in both state selective and independent schools, including:
- Henrietta Barnett School
- Queen Elizabeth's Grammar School (Boys)
- The Latymer School
- Mill Hill County
- Watford Grammar School
- St Paul’s Girls’ School
- City of London School
- North London Collegiate School
- South Hampstead High School
- Haberdashers' Aske's (Boys and Girls)
We coach pupils for the 11+ entrance examinations in Maths, Numerical Reasoning, English, Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning. We prepare our students for the following examinations:
- Center for Evaluation and Monitoring (CEM) and GL Assessment for 11+ Entrance Examination
- The Independent Schools Examination Board (ISEB) & North London Schools’ Consortia for Eleven and Thirteen Plus examinations.
- GCSEs in English, Maths, and Sciences for various examination boards including AQA, OCR, Edexcel, and WJEC.
Our courses take into account the differing styles and demands of the various 11+, 13+ and GCSE examinations. A great amount of practice is given to a student by creating the atmosphere of a real examination and conducting lots of assessments.
We have our own teaching methodologies and are focused on encouraging independent thinking. Our homework is prepared by an expert team of tutors and tailored to individual needs. It is a mandatory requirement, integral to the preparation process, enabling tutors to assess areas of strength and weakness and monitor progress towards a successful outcome.
We conduct in-house mock exams and assessments. Post-assessment feedback is given and discussed with parents.
If parents want, we also provide guidance for completing school entrance application forms and choosing the most suitable school for your child.
All our tutors are fully aware of new changes and course structure for GCSEs and provide tailored tutoring in Maths, English, and Sciences.
Updates [October 2017]:
- 100% of our students cleared PART 1 of Latymer Grammar school 11+ entrance exam.
- 8 out of 9 students secured places in QE Boys grammar school.
Key to our success is:
1) Our tested structured program for 11 Plus.
2) Plenty of test paper practice with feedback.
3) Our dedicated, punctual and highly experienced tutor team.
Updates [February 2018]:
Hearty and warm congratulations to all our students for achieving multiple Scholarships and offers in London's top independent schools such as
St Paul's Girls' School
City of London Boys & Girls School
South Hampstead High School
St. Albans Girls' School
Merchant Taylors' School
The Haberdashers' Aske's Boys' & Girls School
and many more.........
Join along with hundreds of other parents in this 11 Plus Exam Guidance Facebook group.